The United States and the World, 1945-89
Some Past Exam Questions [HL]
- How did the presidency develop from Roosevelt to Reagan?
- In what ways did the Montgomery Bus Boycott, 1956, advance the cause of the civil rights movement?
- What part did one or more of the following play in US foreign policy: Korea; Cuba; Salt and Star Wars?
- How did McCarthyism and/or the anti-war movement affect US foreign policy, 1945-72?
- What were the successes and failures of the presidency of Lyndon Johnson?
- To what extent did the US economy experience both success and decline during the period 1945-1989?
- Why did the US lose the Vietnam War and/or what was the significance of the Moon landing?
- What was the impact of the Moon Landings on US domestic and foreign affairs?
- What did one or more contribute to American culture: Marilyn Monroe; Muhammad Ali; Billy Graham?